This lab started at Kyoto University in April 2018.
Previously our research was based at ATR-IRC. We are one of a leading groups in the HRI (Human-Robot Interaction) domain.
We welcome newcomers to help build this lab with us!
If you’re interested, please feel free to get in touch.
Monday December 28th, 2020 : Post-doc positions
We have vacancies in projects under research funding (till March 2023 / Nov. 2025) about human-robot interaction, human-robot symbiosis, and human-robot moral relationships, about autonomous and teleoperated robots. Thus, we seek for people who can contribute to these projects (information on one of these projects are here: http://www.robot.soc.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/english-crest-project/).
We are seeking applications from young researchers with special interest in human-robot interaction. Candidates with specific expertise/background in the following domains are particularly welcome this time:
– Human behavior modeling for social robots
– Human behavior recognition relevant to daily activities and social interaction
– Speech-based and multimodal human-robot communication
– User interface for telepresence and robot teleoperation
– Sliding/adjustable autonomy
– Robotics relevant to social robots and telepresence
– Empirical (experimental) studies on human-robot social interaction
The employment contract is made for each Japanese fiscal year (starting on April and finishing on March of next year); however, the starting period is flexible (after April 2021). Extensions will be expected based on the annual evaluation.
The wage will be decided based on experience and expertise.
Please feel free to ask me (email@example.com) about details. To apply, please send us email including your CV and a statement about your interest and motivation!