I received my bachelor degree (with 1st class) in University of Birmingham, UK and Fudan University, China in 2011. Then I received my master degree (with Distinction) at Department of Aeronautics in Imperial College London, UK. In 2018, I received my doctor degree (with magna cum laude) in Computer Science (Robotics) at University of Tuebingen, Germany.
During my doctorate study, I have been doing research on nonlinear optimal control, trajectory planning, formation and human-robot interaction (HRI) of single and multiple unmanned aerial vehicles, aerial robots and mobile robots at Chair of Cognitive Systems, Department of Computer Science, University of Tuebingen and at Group of Autonomous Robotics and Human Machine Systems, MPI for Biological Cybernetics, Germany.
I also had several research stay and co-work experience at Control and Power Group, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London, UK; at Optimization in Engineering Center (OPTEC), KU Leuven, Belgium; at Institute for System Technology and Automatic Control, University of Stuttgart, Germany; and at Department of Perceiving Systems, MPI for Intelligent Systems, Germany.
Currently, I am carrying out research on the topic of “Mobile HRI”.
- Trajectory Planning
- Human Robot Interaction
- Nonlinear Model Predictive Control
- Formation Control
- Mobile Robotics
- Aerial Robotics
- Y. Liu, J. M. Montenbruck, D. Zelazo, M. Odelga, S. Rajappa, H. H. Bülthoff, F. Allgöwer, A. Zell, “A Distributed Control Approach to Formation Balancing and Maneuvering of Multiple Multirotor UAVs”, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 870-882, 2018.
- Y. Liu, S. Rajappa, J. M. Montenbruck, P. Stegagno, H. Bülthoff, F. Allgöwer, A. Zell, “Robust Nonlinear Control Approach to Nontrivial Maneuvers and Obstacle Avoidance for Quadrotor UAV under Disturbances”, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 98, pp. 317-332, 2017.
- Y. Liu, J. van Schijndel, S. Longo, E. C. Kerrigan, “UAV Energy Extraction with Incomplete Atmospheric Data Using MPC”, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 1203-1215, 2015.
- Y. Liu, J. M. Montenbruck, P. Stegagno, F. Allgöwer, A. Zell, “A Robust Nonlinear Controller for Nontrivial Quadrotor Maneuvers: Approach and Verification”, in Proceedings of 2015 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 5410-5416.
- Y. Liu, S. Longo, E. C. Kerrigan, “Nonlinear Predictive Control of Autonomous Soaring UAVs Using 3DOF Models”, in Proceedings of the European Control Conference (ECC) 2013, pp. 1365-1370.